eCO Online System
File a copyright registration for your work through the Copyright Office online system.
Before using the service, we recommend you first read eCO Acceptable File Types, eCO Tips, eCO FAQs, or eCO Tutorial (PowerPoint) eCO Tutorial (PDF). For recently added features, see eCO Updates. Also, see Have a Question About the Single Application?
- Lower online filing fee for a basic claim
- $35 for a single author who is also the sole claimant in one work that is not made for hire
- $55 for all other online filings
- Fastest processing time
- Online status tracking
- Secure payment by credit or debit card, electronic check, or Copyright Office deposit account
- The ability to upload certain categories of deposits directly into eCO as electronic files
- Available 24 hours a day, except for routine maintenance every Sunday from 12:00 midnight to 6:00 AM eastern time
Processing Time: The time the Copyright Office requires to process an application varies, depending on the number of applications the Office is receiving and clearing at the time of submission and the extent of questions associated with the application.
Current Processing Times
Please note that our mail service is severely disrupted.(Read more details.)
|Login to eCO:|
Alternate Registration Method Using with Paper Forms
The fee for
a basic registration using one of these forms is $85 payable by check or
money order. Form CON (continuation sheet for applications) is also still
available in paper. Paper forms are also available by postal mail upon
request. See below for Group Registrations.
Preregister Your Work
Preregistration is a service intended for works that have had a history of prerelease infringement. It focuses on the infringement of movies, recorded music, and other copyrighted materials before copyright owners have had the opportunity to market fully their products.(Read more details.)