Technical Upgrades to the eCO Registration System Released Today
Issue No. 696 - December 18, 2017
Today, the U.S. Copyright Office implemented a series of technical upgrades to its electronic registration system. The upgrades:
- reorganize the home screen for the eCO system;
- remove the three questions that previously directed applicants to the Standard Application or the Single Application;
- introduce a new and improved version of the Single Application;
- modify the authorship statements in the application for registering a serial publication; and
- add a new feature that will allow certain file types to be uploaded to the electronic registration system, while blocking unacceptable file types.
These improvements are designed to enhance the user experience and increase the efficiency of the examination of these claims. More information about these technical upgrades is available here.
In addition, the Copyright Office has released an updated circular that provides detailed information about the new version of the Single Application.