Search Copyright Records: Copyright Public Records Portal
Welcome to the Copyright Public Records Portal. This is your starting point for finding copyright records held by the Copyright Office. Here, you can search our online records, learn about our searching and retrieval services, and view educational videos and materials.
Online Records Collections
Search our online copyright records by choosing from an option below. Please note the timeframe area of search for each database.
Learn more about the copyright records in the Copyright Office.
- Copyright Public Records System Pilot Tutorial
- Learning Engine Video Series
- Copyright Historical Public Records Program
- Description of Copyright Deposits by Classification
- Administrative Copyright Classification Systems
- Abbreviations used in the Copyright Card Catalog
- About Card Layouts in the Copyright Card Catalog
Interested in learning about other copyright issues related to records? See our informational circulars.
- How to Investigate the Copyright Status of a Work (Circular 22)
- Privacy: Copyright Public Records (Circular 18)
- The Copyright Card Catalog and the Online Files of the Copyright Office (Circular 23)
- Obtaining Access to and Copies of Copyright Office Records and Deposits (Circular 6)