September 13, 2023 at 1:00 p.m. eastern time
This event celebrated the tenth anniversary of the adoption of the Marrakesh Treaty to Facilitate Access to Published Works for Persons Who Are Blind, Visually Impaired, or Otherwise Print Disabled.
The U.S. Copyright Office cohosted this event with the National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled. The leaders of these organizations discussed their personal knowledge of the development of the treaty and shared their understanding of its relevance and impact domestically and internationally.
- Shira Perlmutter, Register of Copyrights and Director of the U.S. Copyright Office
- Jason Broughton, Director of the National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled
Nancy Weiss, one of the members of the 2013 U.S. Delegation to the Diplomatic Conference where the Marrakesh Treaty was adopted, moderated the discussion panel.
Copyright Office Presents
Copyright Office Presents is a community forum of the U.S. Copyright Office that discusses the practical implications of copyright law in the 21st century, provides education and training to the staff of the U.S. Copyright Office, and offers programming for the public. A wide range of invited speakers - including Congressional leaders, authors and performers, company representatives, legal scholars, and Copyright Office staff - have delivered presentations on issues of topical importance since the series started in 2011. Lectures and events take place at the historic Library of Congress and include discussions on issues such as authorship, copyright registration, marketplace developments, fair use, international norm setting, copyright enforcement, and other issues related to copyright law in the digital age.
If you have an idea for an event or would like us to speak at your event, please let us know here.
Want to be the first to know about our upcoming events?
Subscribe to our Copyright Events email list.
- What You Need to Know about Small Claims and the Copyright Claims Board | Summer 2023
- International Copyright Issues and Artificial Intelligence | Summer 2023
- Registration Guidance for Works Containing AI-generated Content | Summer 2023
- AI Listening Sessions | Spring 2023
- What You Need to Know about Small Claims and the Copyright Claims Board | Winter 2023
- Engage Your Creativity: Copyright and IP for Young Professionals | Spring 2022
- Food and Copyright | Fall 2021
- The Creative Business: Celebrating World IP Day and Taking Your Ideas to Market | Spring 2021
- The Enduring Copyright Legacy of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg | Winter 2021
- Celebrating 150 Years of Creativity | Summer 2020
- From Action to Awareness: Innovate for a Green Future | Spring 2020
- Copyright and Social Justice | Winter 2020
- Quoth the Raven: Edgar Allen Poe and Derivative Works | Fall 2019
- Create An Adventure with Copyright | Summer 2019
- Reach for Gold: Copyright and Sports | Spring 2019
- Public Domain: Celebrating the Lifecycle of Copyright | Winter 2019
- Extra! Extra! The Scoop on Copyright and the News | Fall 2018
- Powering Change: Women in Innovation and Creativity | Spring 2018
- Innovation - Improving Lives | Spring 2017
- Digital Creativity: Culture Reimagined | Spring 2016
- Get Up, Stand Up. For Music. | Spring 2015
- Movies: A Global Passion | Spring 2014
- ASCAP: On the Occasion of Its 100th Birthday | February 2014
- Dramatists Guild of America: On the Occasion of Its 100th Birthday | January 2014
- Copyright Litigation: The Year in Review| December 2013
- Copyright Conversations with the United Kingdom | July 2013
- Creativity: The Next Generation | April 2013
- Nimmer on Copyright: Celebrating 50 Years | March 2013
- Best Practices in Fair Use: From Theory to Project | February 2013
- The Authors Guild: On the Occasion of Its 100th Birthday | December 2012
- Copyright and the American Songwriter | December 2012
- Havana Requiem: A Legal Thriller and Remarks on Copyright Law | May 2012
- A Celebration of Independent Creators | April 2012
- Current Developments in the Book Publishing Industry | April 2012
- Understanding Legislative Proposals on IP Enforcement | February 2012
- Copyright Law and Machine Learning for AI | October 2021
- Standard Technical Measures Discussion | Fall 2020
- Copyright in the Age of Artificial Intelligence | February 2020
- Unclaimed Royalties Study Kickoff Symposium | October 2019
- Authors, Attribution, and Integrity: Examining Moral Rights in the United States | April 2016
- Dancing with Copyright | Fall 2022
International Copyright Events
- Roundtables on International Copyright Education: IP and Creativity for the Youth | 2021-2022
- International Copyright Institute | 2021
- International Copyright Institute | 2018
- International Copyright Institute | 2016
- International Copyright Institute | 2014
- International Copyright Institute | 2012
- International Copyright Institute | 2010
For public hearings please consult the Federal Register Notices.